How to take care of your lingerie?
Take care of your lingerie and it will last longer! Especially if you invest in beautiful pieces in lace, tulle and embroidery. Princesse tam.tam brings you its top tips to keep your underwear in perfect condition and wear it for longer!
Taking care of silk lingerie
Silk always appears in Princesse tam.tam collections from nighties to knickers. Whether shiny or matt, it can be worn every day whatever the shape.
• Silk is fragile. Do not soak before washing.
• Delicate wash in lots of water at up to 30°C.
• Do not squeeze, crease or rub whilst washing.
• For machine washable silks, use the silk programme with a wool shampoo or shavings of Savon de Marseille.
• Do not use stain remover.
• Always use the lowest temperature on the iron, do not use steam.
Taking care of lace lingerie
Princesse tam.tam puts its own twist on the ultimate feminine fabric: geometric, floral and figurative patterns. Sheer delight.
Lace has become a fashion accessory and it's making its mark…
Use a gentle product for hand washing.
Use a gentle product for machine washing and protect your lingerie by using a wash bag.
Princesse tam.tam's top tips to wash your lingerie
• Fasten bra clasp before washing.
• Wash the top and bottoms together.
• Use a wash bag for machine washable lingerie.
Lingerie care checklist
To keep your lingerie for longer:
• Use a wash bag to protect lingerie in the washing machine drum.
• Machine wash at up to 30°C.
• Wash inside out with similar colours.
• Do not use bleach and use a gentle product where possible.
• Avoid leaving to soak, do not twist.
• Do not dry clean.
• Do not tumble dry as it may break the elastic in your bottoms. Delicately wring out and dry flat.
• We don't recommend ironing except for certain camis and slips (iron on a low heat).
• If items are made of delicate fabrics such as silk and the label says "delicate", we recommend washing them by hand with wool and silk shampoo.